Admissions Procedures And Policies
Admissions Procedures and Policy.
You are most welcome to visit our school to have a look around and to ask any questions you may have. If you would like to visit, please telephone or call in for an appointment.
Applications for Nursery are administered by the school.
The application process can seem complex please do not hesitate to ask for help at our office if you are unsure.
Children are eligible for fifteen hours of free early education and care the term after their 3rd birthday. We are able to offer five three hour morning sessions or five three hour afternoon sessions. There are three entries into Nursery – September, January and after Easter (if places are available). Please contact the school office for further details about Nursery start dates. Parents who wish to apply for a Nursery place at Diamond Wood Community Academy should complete Registration Form N and hand it in at the Main School Office.
Transferring from the Nursery to a Reception Class at Diamond Wood is not automatic. Parents must follow the procedure outlined below. Advice on how to register for a different Infant School can be obtained from the school office.
Children can start school in the September following their 4th birthday. If your child's birthday falls between 1st September 2015 and 31st August 2016 you should complete the registration form before 15th January 2020.
Admissions are to be made online:
1. Go to www.kirklees.gov.uk/admissions
2. Read the relevant Admissions Guide for Parents.
3. Click on 'Apply online'. You will be taken to the Kirklees Parent Portal.
4. If this is your first visit, click on 'create an account'. Enter your details and follow the link to verify your account.
5. Login to add your child's details and preferred schools.
6. Check and submit your application.
Apply online, apply on time. Don't miss out.
Whilst we will remind parents of children attending our Nursery about applying for a school place, it is the responsibility of the parent and carers to ensure that the application is made before the deadline.
Please Note: Registration or prior attendance at our Nursery does not guarantee a place at Diamond Wood nor at the school to which our pupils normally transfer. The law states that infant class sizes cannot be more than 30.
Priorities for admission to Nursery are listed below. Within each criteria children are admitted in age order, taking the oldest first. This is done on a termly basis but only if there are places available in the Nursery. We may give additional priority to children with special education and social needs. We will admit children living outside the area in date of birth order.
A morning or afternoon place will be offered by the Headteacher. Parents will be offered a place during the term before the admission.
1. Children in public care (Looked After Children).
2. Children living in the school's Priority Admission Area (PAA) who have an older brother or sister attending from the same address at the date of admission in age order.
3. Other children who live in the school's priority admission area in age order.
4. Children who live outside the school’s PAA who have an older brother or sister already attending school at the time of admission in age order.
5. Other children who live outside the school’s PAA in age order
These admission arrangements are correct at the time or printing, but may be subject to any alterations.